- Co-editor in chief for Transactions on Aspect-Oriented Software Development (Springer-Verlag), from May 2011 to March 2013.
- Editorial board member for Transactions on Aspect-Oriented Software Development (Springer-Verlag), since November 2009.
- Associate Editor for Journal of Object Technology (online), since May 2010.
- Assistant editor for Software and Systems Modeling (SoSyM) (published by Springer-Verlag), since 2001.
- Chair of Computer Science
Ph.D. Philosophy Massachusetts Institute of Technology
M.S. Computer Science University of Southern California
B.S. Computer and Communication Sciences University of Michigan
Programming and specification language design and semantics, formal methods (program specification and verification), aspect-oriented languages, object-oriented languages, distributed languages, type theory, programming methodology, software engineering, information assurance, computer science education.
- Mehdi Bagherzadeh, Hridesh Rajan, Gary T. Leavens, and Sean Mooney. Translucid Contracts: Expressive Specification and Modular Verification for Aspect-Oriented Interfaces. In Proceedings of the tenth international conference on Aspect-oriented software development, Porto de Galinhas, Pernambuco, Brazil, ACM, 2011, pp. 141-152.
- C.A.R. Hoare, Jayadev Misra, Gary T. Leavens, and Natarajan Shankar. The Verified Software Initiative: A Manifesto. ACM Computing Surveys, 41(4):22:1-22:8, October, 2009.
- John Hatcliff, Gary T. Leavens, K. Rustan M. Leino, Peter Müller, and Matthew Parkinson. Behavioral Interface Specification Languages. ACM Computing Surveys, 44(3):16:1-16:58, June, 2012.
- Hridesh Rajan and Gary T. Leavens. Ptolemy: A Language with Quantified, Typed Events. In Jan Vitek (ed.), ECOOP 2008 -- Object-Oriented Programming: 22nd European Conference, pages 155-179. Volume 5142 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag, July, 2008.
- Curtis Clifton, Gary T. Leavens, and James Noble. MAO: Ownership and Effects for more Effective Reasoning about Aspects. In ECOOP 2007 -- Object-Oriented Programming: 21st European Conference, pages 451-475. Volume 4609 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag, July, 2007.