Our vision is to be among the nation’s top producers of engineering and computer science workforce talent in terms of scale and excellence, and to lead the next generation of engineers and computer scientists in advancing research and education that impacts the global society.
Provide high-quality, broad-based education and experiential learning in engineering and computer science; create knowledge through pioneering scholarship and impactful research; enrich our students’ development and leadership skills; nurture the inherent innovation and leadership of our students; and address pressing local, state, national and international issues in support of the global community.
Our Goals and Strategy
1. Create a Bigger, Better Research Enterprise
2. Increase the Quality and Quantity of Graduate Studies
3. Grow and Develop Faculty and Staff
4. Enhance the Undergraduate Experience
5. Become the Nation’s Technology Partnership Leader
Our 5-Year Strategic Plan: View or download the CECS Strategic Plan 2017-2022 (PDF)