Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Associate Professor
Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
M.S. Vehicle Engineering Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
B.S. Automotive Engineering Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Solid Mechanics, Plasticity and Fracture, Impact and Crashworthiness, Lightweight Design, Multi-scale finite element analysis, Experimental techniques development
- Liu, J., Bai, Y., and Xu, C., “Evaluation of Ductile Fracture Models on Finite Element Simulation of Metal Cutting Process”, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering (ASME Transaction), vol. 136, February 2014
- Bai, Y., Atkins, A.G., “Tension and Shear Cracking During Indentation of Ductile Materials by Opposed Wedges”, Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 2012, 96
- Bai, Y., Wierzbicki, T. "Application of Extended Mohr-Coulomb Criterion to Ductile Fracture", International Journal of Fracture, January 2010, 161(1).
- Bai, Y., Wierzbicki, T., “A New Model of Metal Plasticity and Fracture with Pressure and Lode Dependence”, International Journal of Plasticity, 2008, 24(6).
- Wierzbicki, T., Bao, Y., Lee, Y., and Bai, Y., “Calibration and evaluation of seven fracture models”, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 2005, 47(4-5).