Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Engineering I (bldg. 40) 407
- Associate Professor
- Journal of Aeronautics & Aerospace Engineering
- Open Journal of Physical Chemistry
- The Open Petroleum Engineering Journal
- Researches and Applications in Mechanical Engineering
- The Open Physical Chemistry Journal
- Journal of Quantum Chemistry
Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering Stanford University
M.S. Aerospace Engineering Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India
B.S. Aerospace Engineering Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India
Rocket propulsion; Hypergolic propellants; Hybrid propulsion; Energetic nanomaterials; Scramjets & high-speed air breathing vehicles propulsion; Impulse facilities for hypersonics; Reaction rate experiments using shock tube and laser diagnostics; Synchrotron photo-ionization mass spectrometry probing surface, atmospheric, and propellant chemistry; Chemical kinetic modeling of reactive flows; Optical diagnostics development; Optical diagnostics applications in energy, propulsion, and environmental science; Fundamental & applied Laser spectroscopy;Shock tube gas dynamics and chemistry; Nonlinear wave propagation in gases; • Surface catalytic processes for heterogeneous ignition, ablation and fuel conditioning; Advanced engines, gas turbines; Alternative and fossil fuels;
- Joshua W. Allen; Adam M. Scheer; Connie Gao; Shamel S. Merchant; Subith S. Vasu; Oliver Welz; John D. Savee; David L. Osborn; Changyoul Lee; Stijn Vranckx; Zhandong Wang; Fei Qi; Ravi X. Fernandes; William H. Green; Masood Z. Hadi; and Craig A. Taatjes; "A coordinated investigation of the combustion chemistry of diisopropyl ketone, a prototype for biofuels produced by endophytic fungi", Combustion and Flame, accepted, 10/13. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.combustflame.2013.10.019.
- Jihad Badra; Ahmed Elwardany; Fethi Khaled; Subith S. Vasu; Aamir Farooq; " A shock tube and laser absorption study of ignition delay times and OH reaction rates of ketones: 2-Butanone and 3-Buten-2-one", Combustion and Flame, accepted, 9/13. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.combustflame.2013.10.001
- Subith S. Vasu; S.M. Sarathy; "On the high-temperature combustion of n-butanol: Shock tube data and an improved kinetic model", Energy & Fuels, accepted, 9/13. http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/ef401406z
- Welz O.; Savee J. D.; Osborn D.; Vasu S. S.; Percival C. J.; Shallcross D. E.; Taatjes C. A.; "Direct kinetic measurements of Criegee Intermediate (CH2OO) formed by Reaction of CH2I with O2", Science 2012, 335, 204-207.
- Vasu S. S.; Davidson D. F.; Hanson R. K.; "Shock tube study of syngas ignition in rich CO2 mixtures and determination of the rate of H+O2+CO2->HO2+CO2", Energy and Fuels 2011, 25 (3), 990-997.