Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Director, Center for Advanced Turbomachinery and Energy Research (CATER)
Sc.D. Mechanical Engineering Massachusetts Institute of Technology
M.S. Mechanical Engineering Arizona State University
B.S. Mechanical Engineering Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Energy Systems: turbomachinery - aerodynamics, cooling, manufacturing, cycle optimization, alternative energy solutions; miniature engineering systems
- Arias Quintero S, Schmitt J, Blair R, Jayanta Kapat J. 2013. Alternative Microturbine Fuels Feasibility Study Through Thermal Stability, Material Compatibility, and Engine Testing. J. Eng. Gas Turbines Power. 135(11), 111401. doi:10.1115/1.4025128
- Mahadevan S, Ricklick M, Kapat J. 2014. Internal Cooling Using Porous Turbulators: Heat Transfer and Pressure Drop Measurements. J. of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer. Accepted.
- Tran L, Kapat J. 2014. A Coupled 0D-1D Model for Hybrid Heat Transfer Measurements. J. of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer. Accepted.
- Johnson P, Kapat J. 2013. Large-Eddy Simulations of a Cylindrical Film Cooling Hole. J. Thermophysics and Heat Transfer. 27(2):255-273
- Slabaugh C, Tran L, Kapat J, Warren B. 2012. Heat Transfer and Friction Augmentation in High Aspect Ratio, Ribbed Channels with Dissimilar Inlet Conditions. ASME J. Turbomachinery, 134(06):061013-1:11. doi: 10.1115/1.4006283