Electrical & Computer Engineering
Ph.D. PhD Boston University
M.S. M.Sc. Alexandria University, Egypt
B.S. B.Sc. Alexandria University, Egypt
Statistical Signal Processing, Wireless Communications, Sparse Signal Processing, Stochastic Control, Controlled Sensing, Information Theory
- V. Tan and G. Atia, “Strong Impossibility Results for Sparse Signal Processing,” IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 260-264, March, 2014.
- Sirin Nitinawarat, George Atia and Venugopal Veeravalli, “Controlled Sensing for Multihypothesis Testing,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 58, no. 10, pp. 2451- 2464, Oct. 2013.
- George Atia and Venkatesh Saligrama, “Boolean Compressed Sensing and Noisy Group Testing,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 58, no. 3, Mar. 2012.
- George Atia, Venugopal Veeravalli and Jason Fuemmeler, “Sensor Scheduling for Energy-Efficient Tracking in Sensor Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 59, no. 10, pp. 4923-4937, Oct. 2011.
- George Atia, Masoud Sharif and Venkatesh Saligrama, “On Optimal Outage in Relay Channels with General Fading Distributions,” IEEE Trans. Information theory, Special Issue on Models, Theory and Codes for Relaying and Cooperation in Communication Networks, vol. 53, no. 10, pp. 3786-3797, Oct. 2007.