Dr. Gavriel Salvendy
Industrial Engineering & Management Systems
- University Distinguished Professor
- Professor Emeritus School of Industrial Engineering Purdue University
- Founding Editor, Human Factors and Ergonomics in Manufacturing, 1989- present
- Founding Editor, International Journal on Human-Computer Interaction, 1988-present
- Founding President, Academy of Science, Engineering, and Medicine of Florida
- Member, U.S. National Academy of Engineering (NAE)
Ph.D. Honorary Doctorate Chinese Academy of Sciences
Ph.D. Industrial Psychology, Department of Engineering Production University of Birmingham, England
M.S. Industrial Psychology, Department of Engineering Production University of Birmingham, England
The Human Aspects of Design, Operation, and Management of Advanced Engineering Systems
- Salvendy, G. (Editor) (2012). Handbook of human factors and ergonomics, (4th edition), John Wiley & Sons, 1732 pages. Translated and published in Japanese by Dobun Shoin and in Russian by Mir Publishers.
- Salvendy, G. (Editor) (2001). Handbook of industrial engineering: technology and operations management, (3rd edition), John Wiley & Sons, 2796 pages. Translated and published in Chinese by Tsinghua Press, in Japanese by Japan Management Association and in Spanish by Editorial Limusa.
- Lin, H. X., Choong, Y. Y., & Salvendy, G. (1997). A proposed index of usability: a method for comparing the relative usability of different software systems. Behaviour & information technology, 16(4-5), 267-277.
- Hwang, W. and Salvendy, G (2010). Number of People Required for Usability Evaluation Based on 27 Studies: The 10±2 Rule. Communications of the ACM. 53(5), 130 -133.
- Savoy, A., Proctor, R. W., & Salvendy, G. (2009). Information retention from PowerPoint™ and traditional lectures. Computers and Education, 52, 858-867.