Hours: Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m and no weekends (until further notice, due to COVID).
*Lab is available on weekends for special events or groups but must be scheduled in advance. To use the lab on Saturday or Sunday, or schedule a tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon entering the Texas Instruments Innovation Lab, please sign in at the computer with your student ID. Use of the lab and it’s equipment is free of charge for UCF students.
The lab is staffed by four student assistants and Lab Director Don Harper on a rotating basis. They are available to assist with anything you may need while utilizing the lab.
- Electronic Lab Bench (4): Equipped with an oscilloscope, function generator, power supply and a digital multi meter.
- General workspace (3 large wooden tables)
- Laser cutter: 75-watt laser cutter with 2 ft. by 4 ft. bed that cuts wood, acrylic, paper, cardboard. The laser cutter can also etch the materials as well as glass. Machine is available on a first come first serve basis. To avoid a line, please arrive in the early morning or late evening.
- 3D Printer: Print envelope that’s 12x12x10. Please note that printing takes anywhere from one to 12 hours. Please see a lab assistant to have your printing request added to the que. You will receive an email when your item is complete.
- Fully-stocked cabinet of TI microprocessor boards
- Soldering stations with soldering irons (3)
- Microscope for surface-mount soldering
- Basic tools
- Food and drinks are allowed in the Texas Instruments Innovation Lab but only in the general workspace area. Please do not bring liquids near the electronic work benches.
- Please clean up after yourself when you are done. Leave the workspace nice and tidy for the next person to use.
- Capacity: 40 people