Once you submit your defense, the defense announcement will automatically be posted to the College website if it is approved and meets all requirements. You will receive an email confirming the receipt of your defense announcement. THIS IS NOT AN APPROVAL OF YOUR ANNOUNCEMENT. However, if your notice is rejected, you will be notified with the problems that need to be corrected for resubmission.
Please note the following items:
- Abstracts need to be approved in advance by your advisor before submitting announcement.
NOTE: Falsely indicating an advisor has approved an announcement or abstract could result in disciplinary action and cancellation of the defense.
- All submissions must be made two weeks in advance of the defense date.
- Defense dates must be Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and on campus.
- Defense dates must not be held during University holidays and campus closures.
- The committee you list must match the committee approved by the College of Graduate Studies. If you need to make changes to your official committee, please follow up with your academic department.
- Any fields marked with an * are required.
- Make sure that any names you enter include the person's title (ex: Dr. John Smith).
- All committee members must be listed in the Graduate Faculty or the Graduate Faculty Scholars directory.
If any of the above items are not met, your notice will not be approved. This is a set requirement for all students within the College of Engineering and Computer Science. Failure to meet this requirement may result in a delay of your defense date. Questions about this requirement can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org