Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Chair and/or Member of several Department, College, and University Committees
- Member, Joint Commission, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions
- Member, Editorial Board, Materials Science and Engineering A
- Member, Editorial Board, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance
- Member, Editorial Committee of International Materials Reviews
- Key Reader, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A
- Member, Editorial Advisory Board, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology -ASIA
- Member, Editorial Advisory Board, Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals
- Graduate Coordinator, Department of Mechanical, Materials and Aerospace EngineeringInterim Chair, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Interim Chair, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Ph.D. Metallurgical Engineering Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India
M.S. Metallurgical Engineering Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India
B.S. Metallurgy Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
B.S. Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India
Non-equiibrium processing of materials, nanostructured materials and composites, mechanical alloying, powder metallurgy, rapid solidification processing, metallography, x-ray diffraction
- Suryanarayana, C. and Al-Aqeeli, N. 2013. Mechanically Alloyed Nanocomposites. Progress in Materials Science. 58:383-502.
- Seelam, U.M.R. and Suryanarayana, C. 2013. Metallography of Sputter-Deposited SS304+Al Coatings. Metallography, Microstrucutre and Analysis. 2: 287-298.
- Suryanarayana, C., Behn, R., Klassen, T., and Bormann, R. 2013. Mechanical Characterization of Mechanically Alloyed Ultrafine-Grained Ti5Si3+40 vol.% TiAl Composites. Materials Science and Engineering A. 579: 18-25.
- Al-Aqeeli, N., Suryanarayana, C., and Hussein, M.A. 2013. Formation of an Amorphous Phase and Its Crystallization in the Immiscible Nb-Zr System by Mechanical Alloying. Journal of Applied Physics. 114: 153512 (4 pages)
- Suryanarayana, C. 2012. Mechanical Behavior of Emerging Materials. Materials Today. 15: 486-498.