- Associate Editor, The Computer Journal- Oxford University Press
- Founding Editor-in-Chief, Electronics- Peer-reviewed Journal, Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute, MDPI (Basel, Switzerland)
- Associate Dean of Graduate Affairs, College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Director, UCF Center for Cybersecurity, an NSA/DHS National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education and National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Research
- Director, CSIT-TEAm Florida Consortium of Metropolitan Research Universities (UCF, USF, FIU)
- Director and Principal Investigator, S-STEM NSF Project “Florida-IT-Pathways to Success (Flit-Path)"
- Associate Chair for IT, Department of Computer Science
Ph.D. Computer Science Pennsylvania State University
Computer networks and security, distributed protocols, real-time systems, temporal databases, and performance evaluation.
- Kuldip Singh Atwal, Ajay Guleria, Mostafa Bassiouni, "SDN-based Mobility Management and QoS Support for Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks", in Proceedings of The IEEE International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (ICNC 2018), Maui, Hawaii, USA, 2018.
- Amerah Alabrah and Mostafa Bassiouni "Preventing single sign-on impersonation attacks with a keyless signature scheme", in Proceedings of the 10th IEEE IFIP Wireless and Mobile Networking Conference (WMNC), Valencia, Spain, 2017.
- Sana Tariq and Mostafa Bassiouni, "QAMO-SDN: QoS Aware Multipath TCP for Software Defined Optical Networks", in Proceedings of 12th annual IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC), Las Vegas, NV, 2015.
- X. Gao and M. Bassiouni “Improving Fairness With Novel Adaptive Routing in Optical Burst-Switched Networks”, IEEE Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 27, No. 20, pp. 4480–4492, 2009.
- K. Anna and M. Bassiouni “A New Framework for QoS Provisioning in WLANS using P-Persistent 802.11 MAC”, Journal of Computer Communications, Elsevier Publishing, Vol. 31, No. 17, 2008.
- M. El Houmaidi and M. Bassiouni, “Dependency Based Analytical Model for Computing Connection Blocking Rates and its Application in the Sparse Placement of Optical Converters”, IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 54, No. 1, pp. 159-168, 2006.
- W. Cui and M. Bassiouni “Virtual Private Network Bandwidth Management with Traffic Prediction”, Journal of Computer Networks, Elsevier Science Publishing, Vol. 42, No. 6, pp. 765-778, 2003.
- H. El-Aarag and M. Bassiouni "An Internet Friendly Transport Protocol for Continuous Media Over Best Effort Networks", Journal of Communication Systems, John Wiley & Sons Publishing, Vol. 15, pp. 881-898, 2002.
- W. Cui and M. Bassiouni “Analysis of Hierarchical Cellular Networks with Mobile Base Stations”, Journal of Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, John Wiley & Sons Publishing, Volume 2, pp. 131-149, 2002.
- H. El-Aarag and M. Bassiouni “Performance Evaluation of TCP Connections in Ideal and Non-Ideal Network Environments”, Journal of Computer Communications, Elsevier Publishing, Vol. 24, No. 18, pp. 1769-1779, 2001.
- M. Chiu and M. Bassiouni “Predictive Schemes for Handoff Prioritization in Cellular Networks Based on Mobile Positioning”, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 510-522, 2000.
- M. Bassiouni, M. Chiu, M. Loper, M. Granesy, and J. William, "Performance and reliability analysis of relevance filtering for scalable interactive distributed simulation", ACM Transactions on Modeling and Computer Simulation (TOMACS), Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 293-331, 1997.
- A. Mukherjee, N. Ranganathan, and M. Bassiouni, "Efficient VLSI designs for data transformation of tree-based codes", IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, Vol. 38, No. 3, pp. 306-314, 1991.