- Member of the Florida Board of Governors, 2012-2014
- Member of the UCF Board of Trustees, 2005-2009
- NCAA Faculty Athletics Representative for UCF
- Executive Director, Stormwater Management Academy
- Faculty Advisor for ASCE, 1997-2010
- Faculty Advisor for Tau Beta Pi, 2007-present
Ph.D. Civil Engineering SUNY Buffalo - University at Buffalo
M.S. Civil Engineering SUNY Buffalo - University at Buffalo
B.S. Civil Engineering Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, India
Soil Mechanics, Foundation Engineering, Soil Erosion, Sediment Control, Numerical Methods, Sinkholes, Pervious Pavements, Sustainable Infrastructure
- "Gogo-Abite, I, Chopra, M., and Wanielista, M., Performance Evaluation of Two Silt Fence Fabrics using a Tilting Test-Bed with Simulated Rainfall, Geotextiles and Geomembranes, Vol. 39, pp 30-38, doi: 10.1016/j.geotexmem.2013.07.001, 2013"
- Gogo-Abite, I., Chopra, M., and Uju, I., Evaluation of Mechanical Properties and Structural Integrity for Pervious Concrete Pavement Systems, J. Materials in Civil Engineering (ASCE), doi: 10.1061/(ASCE) MT.1943-5533.0000918, 2013"
- "Butler, B, Chopra, M., Kassab, A, and Chaitanya, V. Boundary Element Model for Electrochemical Dissolution under Externally Applied Low Level Stress, Eng. Anal. Boundary Elem. (2013)
- "Kakuturu, S., Chopra, M, Hardin, M., and Wanielista, M. Effect of Rainfall, Slope, Soil, and Fertilizer Type on Losses of Total Nitrogen (TN) from Fertilized Turfs on Highway Slopes, J. Environmental Engineering, ASCE, DOI 10.1061/(ASCE) HE.1943-7870.0000690, 2012"
- "Chopra, M, Kakuturu, S., Ballock, C, Spence, J and Wanielista, M. Determination of the Infiltration Rates and the Effect of Rejuvenation Methods for Pervious Concrete Pavements, J. of Hydrologic Engineering, ASCE (Special Issue on LID), Vol 15, No. 6, pp. 426-433, 2010"