Accelerated BS to MS Programs
The Accelerated BS to MS Programs in CECS allows well qualified students to take graduate level coursework in their senior year and have it applied toward their bachelor's degree and their master's degree. This generally provides students with the opportunity to earn their master's degree in one year after completion of their bachelor’s.
As part of this program students will work with faculty in their department to establish a plan of study that will allow them to integrate relevant graduate level course work in their junior and senior years. In addition they will work to meet all requirements for admission into the graduate program they are approved for.
Eligible Accelerated BS to MS Programs
- Aerospace Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Criteria for Applying
- Junior or early senior status in CECS
- Minimum 3.0 UCF and major GPAs (many majors may look for higher GPAs than the minimum for approval for their accelerated program)
- Students admitted into the Accelerated BS to MS Program, will be expected to maintain a high level of academic achievement to remain in the program.
- They will also need to complete the GRE and submit scores no later than the first semester of their senior year.
- Students that do not continue to meet these criteria can be placed in a warning status and/or removed from the Accelerated BS to MS Program.
- Review of applicants to the Computer and Electrical Engineering will be reviewed once each semester so students applying to these programs should expect delays in receiving feedback.
Click here access the online process.