UCF is the #1 workforce supplier worldwide for Lockheed Martin, Harris Corporation and Siemens Energy.
Facts & Stats
Did You Know?
Ranked in the top 100 public graduate engineering colleges nationwide by U.S. News & World Report (2016).
Three-time national champions: UCF Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition Team – 2014, 2015, 2016.
(8,072 undergraduate; 1,337 graduate)
National Merit Scholars
89 (26 new; 63 returning)
Freshman Class Profile
1,126 Total Incoming Freshmen
Average SAT Score: 1286 (general) 1418 (honors)
Average ACT Score: 28.5 (general) 31.8 (honors)
Avg. High School GPA (weighted): 4.02 (general) 4.37 (honors)
Civil, Environmental and Construction Engineering
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Division of Computer Science
- Division of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Industrial Engineering and Management Systems
Materials Science and Engineering
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Degrees Offered (by discipline)
- Aerospace Engineering – B.S., M.S.
- Biomedical Engineering – M.S.
- Civil Engineering – B.S., M.S., Ph.D.
- Computer Engineering – B.S., M.S., Ph.D.
- Computer Science – B.S., M.S., Ph.D.
- Construction Engineering – B.S.
- Data Analytics – M.S.
- Digital Forensics – M.S.
- Electrical Engineering – B.S., M.S., Ph.D.
- Engineering Management – M.S.
- Environmental Engineering – B.S., M.S., Ph.D.
- Industrial Engineering – B.S., M.S., Ph.D.
- Information Technology – B.S.
- Materials Science and Engineering – M.S., Ph.D.
- Mechanical Engineering – B.S., M.S., Ph.D.
- Modeling and Simulation – M.S., Ph.D.
- Photonics Science and Engineering – B.S. (joint program w/ UCF College of Optics and Photonics)
Bachelor's Degree Programs
Aerospace Engineering; Civil Engineering; Computer Engineering; Computer Science; Construction Engineering; Electrical Engineering; Environmental Engineering; Industrial Engineering; Information Technology; Mechanical Engineering; Photonics Science & Engineering
Master's Degree Programs
Aerospace Engineering; Biomedical Engineering; Civil Engineering; Computer Engineering; Computer Science; Data Analytics; Digital Forensics; Electrical Engineering; Engineering Management; Environmental Engineering; Industrial Engineering; Materials Science and Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Modeling and Simulation
Doctoral Degree Programs
Civil Engineering; Computer Engineering; Computer Science; Electrical Engineering; Environmental Engineering; Industrial Engineering; Materials Science and Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Modeling and Simulation
Faculty and Staff (308 total)
- 56 Professors
- 48 Associate Professors
- 42 Assistant Professors
- 26 Lecturers & Instructors
- 80 Staff
- National Academy of Engineering – 2 Members
- National Academy of Inventors – 2 Members
- American Association for the Advancement of Science – 10 Fellows
- American Society for Engineering Education – 2 Fellows
- U.S. Jefferson Science Fellowship – 2 Fellows
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers – 12 Fellows
- American Society of Civil Engineers – 4 Fellows
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers – 5 Fellows
- ASM International – 2 Fellows
- Association of Computing Machinery – 1 Fellow
- Institute of Industrial Engineers – 3 Fellows
- Electrochemical Society – 3 Fellows
- American Institute of Medical & Biological Engineering – 3 Fellows
- National Science Foundation CAREER Awards – 14 Awards
- Institute of NanoTechnology – 1 Fellow
- America n Vacuum Society – 1 Fellow
- Additional National Early Career/Young Investigator – 9 Awardees
182 teaching assistant and 251 research assistant positions plus tuition funded in Fall 2015 at an average annual stipend of more than $18,000.
$444,060 in college scholarships awarded to undergraduate and graduate students for 2015-16 academic year.
Academic Year 2014-15
Degrees Conferred Cumulative
1969 through Fall 2015
CECS Fast Facts Brochure
Research - FY 2015
Expenditures – $24.2 million
New Funding – $28.2 million
Research - FY 2016
Expenditures – $27.9 million
New Funding – $35.6 million
FACT: From 2010 to 2016, the total new research funding for CECS exceeded $160 million.
Center for Advanced Transportation Systems Simulation
Center for Advanced Turbomachinery and Energy Research
Center for Research in Computer Vision
Consortium for Applied Acoustoelectronics Technology
Environmental Systems Engineering Institute
Institute for Advanced Systems Engineering
Interactive Systems & User Experience Research Cluster of Excellence
Stormwater Management Academy
Multi-functional Integrated System Technology Center
Research Center Partners
Advanced Materials Processing and Analysis Center
Biomolecular Science Center
Center for Research and Education in Optics and Lasers
Florida Photonics Center of Excellence
Florida Solar Energy Center
Florida Space Institute
Institute for Simulation and Training
NanoScience Technology Center
National Center for Forensic Science
Townes Laser Institute
Central Florida Research Park
Adjacent to the University of Central Florida
126 companies that provide co-ops, internships, jobs, and research partnerships
Approximately 10,000 employees
Nation’s 7th largest research park
The nation’s epicenter for computer modeling, simulation and training